When you use our Site (see definition below), we collect and process personal information about you. This document helps you understand what personal information we collect about you, how we collect it, what we use it for, and what rights you have regarding it.
Monster Group is the entity responsible for processing your personal information.
1. Personal information – what we collect and what we use it for1.1 Master Data
When you create a profile on the Site, we automatically generate a personal account for you on ViewsBud® (“Account”) and collect the following personal information about you (“Master Data”):
- Your username (this may show publicly)*
- Your encrypted password*
- Your e-mail address*
- IP address*
- Your full name
Information marked with an asterisk (*) is mandatory, which means that it is not possible to use the Site without it.
If you choose to add additional personal information to your profile, this additional information will be included in your public profile and in your Master Data.
ViewsBud® is an open exchange platform and when you launch campaigns on the Site, they will be visible to users who exchange with you. Therefore, please note that depending on the campaigns, the information you add to your profile, and the username you choose, you may or may not be anonymous.1.2 Information in campaigns
When you start a campaign and publish it on our Site, we collect the information that you include in your campaign:
- The campaign name
- The campaign URL
- The campaign thumbnail
- View length
- Custom comments
Please refrain from sharing sensitive personal information with us, whether they relate to yourself or others.1.3 Support
It is possible to get support via our Site, via Facebook / Messenger, via Twitter, or via email.
When ViewsBud® is contacted via our Site, a ticket is created in our system, allowing us to see the username. We relate to what is stated by the user in the ticket and have direct contact with the user to provide the best support. In this connection, it may be necessary to examine the user’s data and relevant campaigns. After providing support, we close the relevant ticket and the correspondence is stored in our system.
When ViewsBud® is contacted via Facebook / Messenger, a ticket is also created in our system, and the user gets the answer on Facebook / Messenger. We communicate directly with the user via Messenger.
When ViewsBud® is contacted via Twitter, a ticket is also created in our system, and the user gets the answer directly as a message on Twitter. When you choose to receive support via Twitter, this is done in an open forum where everyone using Twitter can see the messages.
When ViewsBud® is contacted via e-mail, a ticket is also created in our system, and the user receives the reply as a direct e-mail.
We do not receive sensitive information in connection with our support. Should we receive sensitive information, it will be deleted immediately.1.4 Information from other services, including social networks, such as YouTube
You can link your ViewsBud® profile to your social network profile, e.g. YouTube (“Social Network”). We automatically collect selected information about you from your Social Network when you choose this option. The information we collect depends on what information you have made available on the Social Network and your privacy settings for sharing such information on the Social Network.
You can choose to disconnect the link between your Social Network profile and your ViewsBud® profile on your Account. ViewsBud® will immediately remove your unique Social Network ID and disconnect / remove ViewsBud® from your Social Network.1.5 Cookies
When you visit the Site, we record your computer’s IP address and browser settings. The IP address is the numeric address of the computer used to visit the Site. Browser settings can include the type of browser you are using, browser language and time zone. We collect this information to track the computer used in case of abuse or illegal activity in connection with visits to or use of the Site.1.7 Newsletters and summary emails
We collect the information you give us when you sign up for our newsletters, overview emails etc. (we collect your email address and your name if you have made this information available to us). If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, summary emails etc., you can unsubscribe by logging into your Account and changing your settings.1.8 For what purposes do we use your personal information?
We use the information, you have given us to:
- Provide services including displaying your campaigns and giving you access to your profile and our Site
- Identify yourself as a registered user when you log in to the Site and visit the Site again
- Check the legitimacy of your campaigns
- Improve the Site and our services
- Respond to your questions and provide customer service
- Perform various internal business purposes, such as data analysis, auditing, monitoring and prevention of abuse, development of new products and services, improving or modifying the Site or our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities
- Adhere to applicable legislation and legal requirements, comply with government and governmental requests, and comply with relevant industry standards and our internal policies
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- Protect our business’ or our affiliates’ activities
- Protect our rights, personal information, security or property and / or those of our affiliates, you, or others
- Give us the opportunity to pursue available remedies or limit any liability that we incur
We may also use the information in other ways, and we will provide specific notice at the time of collection.1.9 On what legal basis do we treat your personal information?
We process your personal information to:
- Meet our contract with you (see Article 6.1.b of the Personal Data Regulation (“GDPR”))
- Observe our legal obligations (see Article 6.1.c of the GDPR)
- Pursue our own legitimate business interests in the operation of the Site and the provision of our services to you, or to pursue the legitimate interests of Third Parties as long as your interests and fundamental rights do not violate those interests (see Article 6.1.f of the GDPR);
- For the determination, exercise or defense of legal requirements, where necessary (see Article 9.2.f of the GDPR) Some of these legal bases for processing your personal information overlap, so there may be several reasons that entitle us to process your personal information.
In the limited cases where you have explicitly given us your consent to process your personal information (see Article 6.1.a of the GDPR), e.g. when you sign up for our newsletters, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that we may have the right to continue processing your information if justified under any of the above legal bases.
You have the right to object to how we process your personal information or to ask us to limit the processing. See below (section 11 and 12) for details.
2. Publication of personal data2.1 Publication of personal data on the Site
We are an open exchange platform and we share your campaigns on our Site. When launching a campaign, we publish it and other information related to it. Remember, that if you have chosen to use your name as your username, it may completely or partially reveal your identity – unless you use a pseudonym.
We recommend that you exercise caution when deciding what information you make available for publication on the Site, and be aware that, depending on the level of information provided, you may or may not be anonymous.2.2 Master Data and other information
When you launch a campaign on our Site, it will be published to other users of our Site. Your username may also be public in other places on the Site. However, you always have the option of anonymizing your username in your account settings.2.3 Geo-location
When you exchange on the Site, we use your computer’s IP address (see section 1.6) to estimate your location to the nearest city. This information allows other users to launch campaigns targeted at location.2.4 Social network
If you link your ViewsBud® profile to a Social Network, information and approximate location will be collected from your Social Network profile and used to identify you on the Site. Subject to your data protection settings, and the level of information available from the Social Network, users of the Site can use this information to identify which campaigns you have launched.
If you have chosen to maintain anonymity by using a pseudonym as your ViewsBud® username, please be aware that information from your Social Network may partially or completely reveal your identity and allow you and your campaigns to be identified.2.5 Other disclosures
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties and under the following circumstances:
- To enable Third Party vendors, consultants, and other service providers to provide services on our behalf
- To ViewsBud®’s subsidiaries, affiliates and other companies in the ViewsBud® group
- To comply with applicable legislation, legal requirements or respond to claims, legal actions or proceedings (including but not limited to summons and court orders), and to comply with requests from public and state authorities
- To cooperate with supervisory authorities and governmental authorities, and to Third Parties in connection with enforcement of our Terms of Service
- To Third Parties to protect our business activities or the business activities of our affiliates
- To Third Parties to pursue available remedies, or to limit liability which we may incur
- To Third Parties so that we may investigate, prevent or interfere with suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to fraud and abuse of our Site
- To a Third Party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, transfer, transfer or other disposal of all or any part of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
3. Data Controller3.1 Information for which we are the data controller
We are the Data Controller for Master Data that you enter creating and maintaining your profile, which includes, but is not limited to, your username, password, email address, and the registration of your IP address.
We are also the Data Controller for the information passed on to other services. Danish data protection legislation regulates our collection of your information together with GDPR.3.2 Information for which you are the Data Controller
You are the Data Controller of the information that you choose to publish on the Site and the personal information disclosed when you link your Social Network Profile(s) to your profile on the Site.
4. Links to other websites
Our Site contains links to other websites. Our inclusion of such links does not imply our endorsement any of those websites. We do not control the content of these Third Party websites and assume no responsibility for the Third Party or their policies or practices.
We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these Third Party websites as their personal data collection, handling and processing procedures may differ from ours.
5. Data processors and transfer of personal data outside the EU
We use external companies to maintain the technical operation of our Site and our services. These companies are Data Processors for the personal data for which we are Data Controllers. By accepting this Policy, you agree that we may also allow the information you are the Data Controller of to be processed by these Data Processors.
We have entered into Data Processing Agreements with the Data Processors, and it follows from these agreements that they must act exclusively in accordance with our instructions. By accepting this Policy, you authorize us to give such instructions to Data Processors to process information in accordance with this Policy when using our Site.
The Data Processors have taken reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information from accidental or illegal destruction, loss or deterioration, and to protect the information against disclosure to unauthorized persons, abuse, or other treatment in violation of data protection laws. At your request – and possibly against remuneration at the Data Processors’ current hourly rates for such work – the Data Processors must provide sufficient information to you to demonstrate that the above mentioned technical and organizational security measures have been taken.
Some of these Data Processors are located outside the European Union, such as in the United States. You consent to use Data Processors in insecure third countries, provided there is a legal basis for the transfer of your personal data, ensuring adequate protection of them, for example if the Data Processor is part of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
6. Data storage
We keep the Master Data and other personal information you provide, including your campaigns, for as long as you have an Account or necessary to provide our services to you. We delete this information at your request, except for financial transaction information, which we are required to store for ten (10) years. All other information will be deleted.
Although you close your Account, we will in certain cases choose to keep some information (such as visits to our Site) in an anonymous or aggregated form.
7. Safety precautions
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal information in our organization, and we regularly review our system for vulnerabilities. But since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee or guarantee the security of the information you send to us. Emails sent through the Site may not be encrypted and we therefore advise you not to include any confidential information in your emails to us. We always work to improve our security procedures and we update this information as these practices evolve over time.
Cookies are small pieces of information that the Site places on your computer’s hard drive, on your tablet, or on your smartphone. Note that HTML5 has introduced Internet storage, that has properties similar to Cookies, and that we therefore consider this a cookie in the following.
Cookies contain information that the Site uses to make communication between you and your web browser more effective. Cookies identify your computer or device instead of you as an individual user.
8.3 Third Party Cookies
Third Party cookies are set by Third Party websites – not our Site. When you visit our Site, the following Third Party cookies can be set:
- Facebook cookies
8.4 Deleting Cookies
You can delete the Cookies that are already on your device. You can usually delete Cookies from the Privacy or History area available from the Settings menu or Browser options. In most browsers, the same menu can be accessed via the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Del or Command + Shift + Del if you are using a Mac.
Please note that if you do not accept Cookies from our Site, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site, and you may not be able to access some of its features.
9. Access to and insight into the personal data we hold about you
If you have an account on ViewsBud®, you can log into your Account and see what information we hold about you, including your campaigns, and why we keep that information.
If you do not have an Account, you can send an email, and request information about your personal information. When we receive your request, we will tell you which personal information we hold about you, how we collect the information, the purpose for which we process your personal information, and who we share your personal information with.
10. Download your personal information (data transferability)
If you have a user profile on ViewsBud®, you can download the personal information you provided to us, including your campaigns.
11. Correction and deletion of your personal information
If the Master Data or other personal information we hold about you in our capacity as Data Controller is inaccurate or misleading, you can correct most of the information through your Account. We recommend that you correct the information yourself. Otherwise, feel free to ask us to help correct your information.
You may at any time correct or delete any content and personal information on the Site for which you are the Data Controller (see 3.2). If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to appear on the Site, you may update or delete the information by logging into your Account.
Once your Account is deleted, all information associated with your Account will be deleted, including your Master Data, campaigns, and other communications on the Site. We delete this information at your request, except for financial transaction information, which we are required to store for ten (10) years. All other information will be deleted.
We reserve the right to block access to your Account and / or delete it if the Account or content associated with your Account or your campaign(s) on the Site, in our opinion is, discriminatory, racist, sexually oriented, unethical, threatening, offensive, harassing or otherwise violating applicable laws, third-party rights or our user policies, or is incompatible with the purpose of the Site.
12. Other Rights
In addition to the rights set forth above, with respect to your personal data, you also have the following rights:
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to limit the processing of your personal data
- In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you are entitled at any time to withdraw your consent. Your withdrawal does not affect the legality of the processing of information that was performed before you withdrew your consent.
Under certain circumstances, these rights may be limited or contingent. For example, whether you are entitled to data transferability in a particular case depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
13. Children’s information
Our Site is not intended for children. If you become aware that a child under 13 has given us their personal information.
14. Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy. The date displayed at the end of this Policy indicates when it was last revised. If we make significant changes to it, we will notify you through our Site or otherwise, to allow you to review the changes before they come into effect. If you object to our changes, you may close your Account. Your continued use of our Site after we publish or post a notice of changes to the Policy means that you agree to the updated Policy.